BEFORE YOU START (NOTES)
- Use Device Manager to check, update, install, and rollback device drivers.
- Use System Information to find out driver specifics, verify problems & conflicts with devices.
- Elevated Command Prompt = Command Prompt (with Administrator Privileges)
- Start > Control Panel > Systems & Security > Administrative Tools > System Information
- (While in Admin Tools) open Computer Management > Device Manager
Method 1: Opening Sys Info & Dev Mgr (w/ Mouse)
- System Information = Win Key + R > msinfo32.exe
- Device Manager (read only) = Win Key + R > devmgmt.msc
Method 2: Opening Sys Info & Dev Mgr (w/ Keyboard)
- System Information = Start > elevated command prompt > type: msinfo32.exe <enter>
- Device Manager (full control) = Start > elevated command prompt >type: mmc devmgmt.msc <enter>
Method 3: Opening Sys Info & Dev Mgr (w/ Both)